Potassium hydroxide, a common inorganic base, is a white powder or flake solid at room temperature. Similar to sodium hydroxide in nature, it is strongly alkaline and corrosive. It is very easy to absorb water in the air and deliquesce. It absorbs carbon dioxide to form potassium carbonate, which is slightly soluble in ether. When dissolved in water, alcohol or treated with acid, a large amount of heat is generated.
Functions: 1. For electroplating, engraving, lithography, etc.
2. Used as raw materials for potassium salt production, such as potassium permanganate, potassium carbonate, etc.
3. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used to produce potassium borohydride, spironolactone, saganol, testosterone propionate, progesterone, vanillin, etc.、
4. In light industry, it is used to produce potassium soap, alkaline battery and cosmetics (such as cold cream, snow cream and shampoo).
5. In the dye industry, it is used to produce vat dyes, such as vat blue RSN, etc.
6. It is used as an absorbent for analytical reagent, saponification reagent, carbon dioxide and water.
7. In the textile industry, it is used for printing and dyeing, bleaching and mercerization, and is widely used as the main raw material for the manufacture of man-made fiber and polyester fiber. It is also used for the manufacture of melamine dyes.
8. It is also used in metallurgical heating agent and leather degreasing.
Potassium chloride, the raw material of the diaphragm electrolysis method, is dissolved into a saturated solution in the salt tank. When heated to 90 ℃, potassium carbonate, caustic potassium and barium chloride are added respectively to remove impurities such as calcium, magnesium and sulfate. The 280 ~ 315 g / L potassium chloride solution containing potassium chloride is preheated to 70 ~ 75 ℃ for electrolysis to obtain potassium hydroxide, chlorine and hydrogen. The concentration of potassium hydroxide obtained by diaphragm method is 10% ~ 11%, which needs to be concentrated by evaporation and clarified by cooling to prepare a solution containing 45% ~ 50% potassium hydroxide; It can also continue to be concentrated in the alkali boiling pot and decolorized to prepare solid potassium hydroxide or flake potassium hydroxide products.